Here’s our final feature from the Manchester Metallics Summer Bag Challenge. Our 14 challengers did a fantastic job using Manchester Metallic fabric from Robert Kaufmann Fabrics for their new summer bags! We saw great designs from Anne, Natalie + Sandy, Jenny, Michelle + Carrie, Sarah, Sanchia + Marni and Mo Bedell, Devida and Kathy. Our final challengers are Sara Johansen of The Sara Project and Michelle Webster of michellepatterns.
Sara Johansen of The Sara Project writes that these fabrics are, “DREAMY. While at Quilt Market, I took a peak at these beauties, and walked away with some samples…” Sara lined her tote and used cotton webbing for the handles. She has lots of beautiful pictures and more details on her site.
Michelle Webster of michellepatterns used a canvas foundation and a flower from her Rose Pincushion Cuff pattern to add some extras to her sparkly tote. She talks about pre-washing her Manchester Metallic fabric, plus more…
Don’t miss more summer sewing from all of our talented challengers! Visit their sites:
- Sandy Whitelaw of UpStairs Hobby Room
- Michelle Morris of That Black Chic
- Kathy Green of Designs by KTGreen
- Mo Bedell
- Carrie Federer of carrie bee
- Anne Zeitler of AnneZPlace
- Sanchia Gair of Red Brolly
- Natalie Strand of Vegetablog
- Devida Bushrod of The Driftwood Thimble
- Sara Johansen of The Sara Project
- Sarah Sharp of No Hats in the House
- Michelle Webster of michellepatterns
- Marni Weaver of Haberdashery Fun
- Jenny of My Handmade Home
Would you like to join the fun with future fabric, pattern or kit challenges? Sign up for our contributor’s newsletter (Contributor Community Newsletter option).